Duration:2012 – 2017
- Department of Bio-technology, Government of India
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
- The Energy and Resources Institute
- MS Swaminathan Research Foundation
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
- SAB Miller India
- Ugar Sugar Works Ltd
- KCP Sugar and Industries Corporation
- Euro-India Research Centre
The water4crops project is designed to provide solutions for improving water use efficiency by the safe reuse of waste water, improved water management practices, and improved crop cultivars. A multidisciplinary consortium from India and EU have joined hands to tackle these issues. The consortium members, spanning partners from research institutions and industries, have expertise in agricultural water management, crop improvement, environmental engineering, and microbiology. The collective action of these partners will boost business opportunities in the field of bio-treatment, waste water re-use, and agricultural innovations to reduce water footprint. It will help researchers and project partners conduct science-based research on waste water treatment and its management and would open up avenues for upscaling.