Duration: 2019 – 2021
Location: Sangareddy district, Telangana, India
- ABInBev, Bangalore, India
- NGO partner Society for Community Organization & People’s Education (SCOPE)
Under its Corporate Social Responsibility banner, ABInBev supported the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) in developing a scalable site of learning through integrated watershed management to improve livelihoods and build resilience in Sangareddy district of Telangana. The watersheds are located at 2 sites – around Crown Brewery in Kondapur mandal and around Charminar Brewery in Sangareddy and Pulkal mandals.
This project’s target is the conservation and management of rainwater and soil for smart and sustainable agriculture. The partnership will also focus on reducing poverty, fighting malnutrition, supporting rural development and promoting gender equality.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To establish two exemplar sites of outscaling for integrated watershed management in select villages around Crown Brewery and Charminar Brewery;
- Water and soil resource conservation and management to promote climate smart sustainable agriculture;
- Enhance agricultural productivity and profitability through holistic soil, crop, water and livestock-based interventions and end-to-end solutions across the value chain; and
- To develop the capacity of the farming community through knowledge sharing and farmer participatory field experiments/demonstrations.
- Building Villages Where Water Saving and Waste Upcycling is a Way of Life
- Women Strengthen Household Nutrition and Turn Entrepreneurs with Nutri-Gardens